[linux-dvb] Strange output from /dev/video

Hi all,

something strange is going on on my box... probably I just missed some simple
configuration option....

When I try to grab a normal videostream out of /dev/video I get "funny"
colors and a quite "snowy "picture. It seems like there is only red and green
to the picture and there are only ghostly movements...

N-tv on the TV-output of the card looks fine. I have an "old" Hauppauge DVB-S.

What am I doing wrong ?

I am trying to use http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/ to stream some DVB images
over my local LAN. I get the same bad images with bttvgrab, so it seems not
to be ffmpegs fault.

Thanks.

           Marcus