[linux-dvb] Re: CI-Cam and VDR 0.82

Andreas Share wrote:

> Hello,
>
> could it possible that VDR .82 will ignore the setting for the card-number who will decrypt an Pay-TV Channel? I have testet with a default channel.conf (all cyrpted channels on last card) an an Ci on the first Card. VDR will still Display all channels.

The 'Ca' parameter has no influence on whether a channel is listed in the
"Channels" list (I guess that's what you meant, right?). It is used to
determine which card to use when recording or using the Transfer Mode
for viewing an encrypted channel on the primary DVB card.

> So would it possible to use e.g. 2 Cardīs with 2 Irdeto-CIīs (and 2 Abo-Cards;)) and record one Premiere-Channel while still looking an other?

Currently you would need two VDR machines for that, because the driver
only supports one single CAM per machine :-(

Klaus