[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: Segmentation Faults using VDR 0.82 with latest CVS

Stefan Himpich wrote:

> >> I have one of the new Haupauge WinTVs, whicht seem to card version 2.1.
> >> When I record something with VDR, i get an segmentation fault after some
> >> time. My Message-Logfile shows nothing.
> >> Is there anything I can do to find the source of the problem? Enable
> >> Debugging/core files?
>
> > You could enable core files and do a backtrace in gdb.
> > Maybe you can see where the segfault happens.
>
> How do I enable core-Files?

In the 'bash' the command would be

   ulimit -c unlimited

> Backtrace could be done by a friend of mine.

Just do

   gdb vdr core

and enter the 'bt' command.

> > Does it happen _every_ time you record?
>
> Yes. Every record session. If I use runvdr instead of vdr, ist starts again,
> than crashes... One session of Simpsons usually has about 8-10 split-files
> due to crashes :(

So apparently it does record several minutes before crashing.
Very strange...
I can record for hours without any problems here.

Klaus