[linux-dvb] Re: CI-Cam and VDR 0.82

> Currently you would need two VDR machines for that, because the driver
> only supports one single CAM per machine :-(

Also in Future itīs not a bad idea to implement a "VDR-COMUNICATION-LANGUAGE" so 2 or mor VDR systems can cumunicate togehter to split ther work.

I have now 4 DVB-S CARDīs in my system and the PERFORMANCE-limit is now reached.

If i record on all 4 CARDīs at the same time i use  60% CPU-POWER (on a 700MHZ SYSTEM) and the HD is also busy (DMA ist ENABLED) - Perhaps you can make fine-Tuning if you split the DATA-STREAM to different harddrives - so the load per HARDDRIVE is not so high. Another idea is to use  Harddrives wich are "FASTER"
Sometimes i have "Buffer 100%" or other errorīs .... - but only sometimes...

Possible Method: (only symbolic)

I think that this "communication" could be realy simple like Request: CI-DVB-CARD free at VDR2 - if YES - sent the TIMERINFORMATION to this VDR - thatīs all - and if not FREE - VDR1 have to RECORD it or RECORD isnīt possible.

This is only a "wild roadbook" ... - but this should work...