[linux-dvb] Re: CI-Cam and VDR 0.82

>> Currently you would need two VDR machines for that, because the driver
>> only supports one single CAM per machine :-(
>
>Also in Future itīs not a bad idea to implement a
"VDR-COMUNICATION-LANGUAGE" so >2 or mor VDR systems can cumunicate togehter
to split ther work.

>I have now 4 DVB-S CARDīs in my system and the PERFORMANCE-limit is now
reached.

>If i record on all 4 CARDīs at the same time i use  60% CPU-POWER (on a
700MHZ >SYSTEM) and the HD is also busy (DMA ist ENABLED) - Perhaps you can
make fine-Tuning >if you split the DATA-STREAM to different harddrives - so
the load per HARDDRIVE is not so >high. Another idea is to use  Harddrives
wich are "FASTER"
>Sometimes i have "Buffer 100%" or other errorīs .... - but only
sometimes...

>Possible Method: (only symbolic)
>
>I think that this "communication" could be realy simple like Request:
CI-DVB-CARD free at >VDR2 - if YES - sent the TIMERINFORMATION to this VDR -
thatīs all - and if not FREE - >VDR1 have to RECORD it or RECORD isnīt
possible.

>This is only a "wild roadbook" ... - but this should work...

I think this AND a driver who will work with more than one Card could work
for ALL possible configurations:) A better solution could not build, i
think.

Andreas Share