[linux-dvb] Re: Alphacrypt CI Low Priority? (was: Re: VDR 0.82 and Alphacrypt CI)

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger writes:
>  > > (ok, *no* CI module seems to
>  > > work with the current CVS driver but that was different last week).
>  >
>  > Apparently it's a question of how the tuning is done. With my latest
>  > modifications that make VDR record/replay AC3 sound the encrypted
>  > channels work again with the latest driver (except for the "Transfer
>  > Mode" - gotta look into this tomorrow).
>
> What exactly did you change to make the CI work again?
> It worked for me with ntuxzap. So, I guess that after your change
> the order of some driver calls is now more similar to the
> order in ntuxzap. Of course I would like to change the driver
> to work in any case.

I have isolated the problem now.

In VDR 0.82 the cDvbApi::SetPid() function made the DMX_SET_PES_FILTER
call even if the Pid value was 0. Apparently that didn't hurt with previous
driver versions, but it looks like it does hurt (at least for encrypted channels)
with the newest driver. This function was called with a 0 Pid value for instance
if the Pids were set for "non recording", in which case the second audio Pid
doesn't have to be set.

I have now changed this so that the DMX_SET_PES_FILTER call is no longer
made if the Pid is 0, and that seems to work. So it was my fault, not the
driver's.

Klaus