[linux-dvb] Re: AW: VDR: first step towards AC3 sound

On Sunday, 24. June 2001 11:00, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Andreas Vitting wrote:
> > I have tried it out, but i can get no data! The command -a works, the
> > ac3play starts, but no data was send to it. I have also tried your
> > command -a "cat > vdr.ac3" but the file keeps empty. I'm using the newest
> > cvs dvb api and your patch was successful read in. The records are new
> > and from different channels.
> > With the dvdplayer and the dvb card my ac3 works ok.
> > Also, what's wrong ??
>
> Please make sure that the channel you are recording has the "Dpid1"
> parameter set in the channel setup, and also that the channel actually
> broadcasts AC3 sound. So far the only FTA channel I know of that does this
> is Pro7, and its Dpid1 is 257. This works for me (at least I get the data,
> since I don't have any AC3 equipment I can't actually replay it).

Have exactly the same problem and the DPID1 is set (i took your
channels.conf), /var/log/messages shows a couple of

Jun 24 11:06:17 wonderbox vdr[819]: ERROR: wrote 968 byte to dolby device
instead of 1806
Jun 24 11:06:17 wonderbox vdr[819]: ERROR: wrote 484 byte to dolby device
instead of 1806

I assume Pro7 sends AC3-stream all the time? How can i know that they
actually do?