[linux-dvb] Re: AW: VDR: first step towards AC3 sound

Andreas Vitting wrote:

> I have tried it out, but i can get no data! The command -a works, the
> ac3play starts, but no data was send to it. I have also tried your
> command -a "cat > vdr.ac3" but the file keeps empty. I'm using the newest
> cvs dvb api and your patch was successful read in. The records are new and
> from different channels.
> With the dvdplayer and the dvb card my ac3 works ok.
> Also, what's wrong ??

Please make sure that the channel you are recording has the "Dpid1" parameter
set in the channel setup, and also that the channel actually broadcasts AC3
sound. So far the only FTA channel I know of that does this is Pro7, and its
Dpid1 is 257. This works for me (at least I get the data, since I don't have
any AC3 equipment I can't actually replay it).

Klaus