[linux-dvb] Re: Alphacrypt CI Low Priority?

Henning Holtschneider writes:
 > > This info might be useful for Alphacrypt-users:
 > >
 > > I have heard that disabling the "feature" called "Jugendschutz", which
 > > is enabled by default, helps to speed up the Alphacrypt-CI
 > > significantly. This is done by entering the CAM-menu, selecting the menu
 > > topic "Jugendschutz" and pressing OK until it shows "Kein FSK".
 >
 > I just did that but the CIM still doesn't work under Linux. BTW, I couldn't
 > get into the parental control menu in WinDVBlive 2000 but it worked fine
 > with the latest DVB software version from Hauppauge.

Somebody posted a link to some DVB documents on this list a few days ago
which included the CI docs. So, nothing stands in the way of implementing
your own clean CI stack which works with every module.
One could write and test this on a notebook with PCMCIA slot
or a PC with ISA/PCI-PCMCIA interface.

Ralph