[linux-dvb] Re: How to make MPEG files from VDR files?

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Deti Fliegl wrote:

> Thomas Nawrath wrote:
> > I am running a VDR using VDR 0.72. How can I create MPEG files from the VDR
> > files that VDR produces? I want to process the MPEG files using editing
> > software.
> Theoretically every MPEG-player should be able to playback VDR files as
> they are ISO compliant. Actually it does not work properly with the
> latest vdr/dvb-driver versions and so you have to remultiplex the audio
> and video streams with the utility 'mplex'. It is part of the DVB
> package (in the directory apps/mpegtools). You should call it with the
> options -t MPEG2.

As far as we can read it here in this list , mplex does not work properly;
use pvastrumento (windowssoftware www.offeryn.de) instead.
 mplex separates audio and video and put them together afterwards. In the
splitting process the PTS is ignored and audio and video of the final
stream is not in sync. If some audio or videoframes are dropped the delay
between audio and video can enlarge over time.

        Matthias