[linux-dvb] Re: VDR and A/V sync with latest CVS driver

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I'm currently viewing a recording from channel N3 and apparently
> after a while the sound gets ahead of the video, until it finally
> results in audio dropouts. When I Stop/Resume the replay it works
> again for a while.
>
> Can anybody else confirm this?
> I'm using the latest CVS driver.

I am using the CVS driver from June 19th and I have so far
encountered the following sound problems:

*  After slow forward/backward the sound was gone
   altogether and came back when I stopped and restarted
   the playback.

*  Single short sound dropouts.

*  Frequent short sound dropouts that went away whenI stopped
   and restarted the playback.

As with the 0.8 driver, this usually happens on channels with
high data rates like 3sat.

Unlike before, most of these problems do not seem to be on the
recording, but happen at playback time. Also, they are not as
bad as with the 0.8 driver. I think the 0.9 driver is a
lot better, but I would not call it flawless.

Carsten.