[linux-dvb] Re: genindex

From:    no-return@gmx.net

> > > Hm. I have also tried to watch DVDs with my DVB-S Card under VDR, how did
> > > you get audio to work?
> > I dont use AC3, only MPEGII.
>
> How did you get a MPEGII file from a DVD? In the files i get, audio is
> encoded as AC3.

Here too, of course.

Im doing all the processing with Windows,
hope it helps nevertheless.

First split the *.vob-files to video and
audio with vstrip from (www.maven.de).
Adjust vstrip to set the output video-vob
to 25fps and aspect ratio of 4:3 to keep
anamorphic ratio.

Then convert the *.ac3 audio-file to mpegII
audio with tmpgenc
(http://www.yks.ne.jp/~hori/index-e.html).

At last multiplex the video *.vob and the
generated *.mp2 audio file with tmpgenc.

If its needed (e.g. if you want to store
the resulting files on a ext2-fs) you can
split the outcome with mpgsplit (small prg,
dont know where i got it).

Then use genindex (see topic) to generate
the needed index.vdr. As i mentioned this
works, but ff/rw is without picture.

This is my way to convert dvd to vdr, i'm
sure there are other ways to go respectively
you can use other programms to do the
conversion.

hope that helps.

> Ciao, Thomas.