Von: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]Im Auftrag von Guido Fiala
Gesendet: Sonntag, 24. Juni 2001 18:26
An: Klaus Schmidinger; linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [linux-dvb] Re: VDR: first step towards AC3 sound

On Sunday, 24. June 2001 16:55, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Andreas Vitting wrote:
> > OK, i have used the patch and get only terrible, cutted and scratched
> > sound from my receiver.
> > I have changed play-ac3.c to read and fread commands, but this doesn't
> > help (it works for the dvdplayer). Play-ac3 worked also together with
> > "extract_ac3 any.vob" file. The ac3dec tool stopps with a core dump if i
> > playing a vdr ac3 file (created with "-a cat > vdr.ac3"). It recognize
> > the stream data (2.0 Mode 48.0 KHz 448kbps) then stops w/o playing.
>
> As far as I can see VDR extracts all packets delivered by the driver under
> the dolby digital PID and sends them to the command defined by the "-a"
> option. VDR does not do any additional conversion or manipulation with
> these packets, so if any such measures are necessary, somebody will have
> tell me what that would be.
>
> > The play-ac3 tool generates true AC3 sound (i have tested it with an ac3
> > test file DD5.1). By that way - whats the Pid for Cinedome Deluxe, on
> > this channel Premiere sends also DD5.1 sound (if i order a movie, i can
> > try it).

Good to hear - did you anything special to get it working?
For me it reports:
SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT failed.

BTW, there is another one for alsa:
ac3spdif which should work like that (from it's README):

vdr -a "ac3spdif | aplay -f dat -f s16_be"

It does something with the package headers, maybe that is what you look for
Klaus?

BTW, the above command does only work in /bin/sh, i could'nt get something
similar working for /bin/bash - someone with more knowledge?

linux-dvb" as subject.