[linux-dvb] Re: Multiple APIDs

Lars Bensmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still using VDR 0.82 with the CVS driver from Jun 16. But because
> everything important works so far quite well, I'm a little hesitant to
> update the driver and VDR. Especially with all the CI problems I read
> about in the list. So I don't know if the problem is already fixed in the
> latest driver version or VDR patch.
>
> I have an old Siemens card and I cannot record channels where I have
> specified more then one APID. I can change the language with the green
> button in the main menu, but when I try to record I always get:
>
> Jun 25 00:18:43 chewie vdr[2957]: ERROR: no free DVB device to record channel 88!
>
> I am definately not recording anything else and switching channels works,
> so the card is not busy.
>
> Do you have to have multiple cards to record multple audio channels? Is is
> the same with the AC3 sound?

You don't need multiple cards to record multiple audio PIDS ;-)

I assume you are using the default channels.conf and haven't adapted
the 'Ca' parameter of the encrypted channels to your setup. This parameter
needs to be the number of the card that can decrypt this channel. if you have
one crad, it needs to be '1'. My system has three cards, therefore my default
channels.conf has Ca=3.

Klaus