[linux-dvb] Antwort: Re: AW: Antwort: AW: Re: VDR: first step towards AC3 sound

Maybe we find the difference from Pro7 to Premiere World in the PES Header

maybe pro7 sends the pes header in a way ac3dec recognize hem and strips
them ...  Klaus can you make a testoutput with striped pes header from
Premiere World to send it to ac3dec ... (or maybe a small tool to strip the
headers after having the stream in a file)

Greetings
Stefan

                    Klaus Schmidinger
                    <Klaus.Schmidinger@c        An:     linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
                    adsoft.de>                  Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:               Thema:  [linux-dvb] Re: AW: Antwort: AW: Re: VDR: first step towards AC3
                    kls@cadsoft.de              sound

                    25.06.2001 22:38

"Marcus O.C. Metzler" wrote:

> Andreas Vitting writes:
>  > Hi Stefan,
>  > i have decoded a 2/0 AC3 Stream (the standard Stream from pro7
television).
>  > Pherhaps you has recorded a 5.1 DD Stream from a movie ?? My stream is
>  > wrong. From the sync to the next sync bits there is more room then the
>  > framesize told me (14 Bytes).
>
> Could that be the PES header !?
>
> Marcus

I guess so. VDR just forwards the complete PES packets delivered through
the Dolby Digital PID. If VDR should strip the PES header, this can of
course
be done, but I have no way of testing this nor do I know anything about
this.
Besides, the PES header contains the PTS (Presentation Time Stamp) - would
that
be missing when replaying the Dolby Digital sound?

Klaus

linux-dvb" as subject.