[linux-dvb] Re: driver 0.8.2: error with insmod

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:41:12PM +0200, Andrea Malesan wrote:
> Hi everyone I have just joined this mailing list hope to find here some
> help... I'm trying to make my dvb card working on my Debian linux-box.
> I got the sources from LinuxTv, driver ver. 0.8.2 cause the kernel is ver.
> 2.2.19pre17.
> All seems to run quite smoothly when I do "make" in the directory
> DVB/drivers (some warnings but don't think this could be the problem), till
> when I try to install the driver typing "make insmod". It gives me an error
>  saying:
>
> i2c-core.o: i2c core module
> videodev.o: unresolved symbol kernel_flag

[snip]
(Just follow up errors to the first one)

> I've been trying for hours with ALL driver versions, from 0.03 to 0.8.2 but
> nothing, "make insmod" always gives me an error :((( (I only posted the
> 0.8.2 insmod error)

Are you sure that the kernel tree and config is identical to the kernel
you are running?

I guess you would be on the safe side to first compile a new kernel. I
haven't looked at the Makefile for the DVB driver, but it's a safe bet to
extract it to /usr/src/linux or make a symlink with that name to the
actual source tree.

If the sources there and the used config are not identical to the
installed kernel then it won't work.

After running the new kernel make clean the driver source and then try
compiling it again. Hopefully it should work then.

cu,
Lars

--
Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi): Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western
        Civilization?