[linux-dvb] Tuning problems : a solution ?

Since  Klaus Schmidinger has released its test file
 ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/ctest.c ) , I have noticed that the
tuning routines do not work correctly with my installation. Very often,  I
get a "channel not sync'ed!" error,
and subsequent channel switchings fail , too, until at some point it
suddenly works again.

I have exactly the same problems with dtv_scan, from Rolf Hakenes.

It is not surprising, since the tuning routines are exactly the same.

I have been investigating this problem during the last days, and I have
found a solution that solves my problem.
I don't know if it will solve all the tuning problems people reported.

The LO frequencies of the LNBs are not very accurate. Sometimes, there is an
offset of several MHz. This offset may vary with the temperature. I have
found that offsetting the LO frequencies in ctest and dtv_scan (for example
10607 MHz and 9757 MHz for my LNB, instead of 10600 and 9750) works fine.

I have runned several times ctest and dtv_scan, and I've got very few
errors. I have been able to complete dtv_scan, although it was impossible
before.

I hope it will be useful to some people.

Jean-Claude