[linux-dvb] VIDEO_STILLPICTURE

Dave Chapman writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Has anyone managed to succesfully use the VIDEO_STILLPICTURE function?
 >
 > According to the API docs, it displays an I-Frame.  Can anyone give me a
 > pointer to a program that is able to encode a single bitmap into an I-Frame?
 >
 > I've looked at mpeg2enc (the "official" source from ftp.mpeg.org), and
 > haven't been able to make any sense of the documentation - it assumes more
 > knowledge of MPEG encoding than I possess.

You could use convert (part of the imagemagick package) to convert
jpgs or other formats into mpg. They also use mpg2enc, but you don't
need to write your own config file. I have tried it with some images,
but it doesn't work with all of them. With have to see what we need to
fix in the driver. You will also have to use images with supported
resolutions, or use the -size option of convert.
It works if I create a jpg with gimp (size 702x576) and use
convert test.jpg test.mpg

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de