[linux-dvb] Re: Sound with SB-Live

On Monday,  2. July 2001 15:38, Timo wrote:
> First of all thanx for the help because now my dvb-card works.
>
> There is just one thing that bugs me I have a SB-Live with a four box
> system attached to it. Now when I play a mp3-file I can here it on all four
> boxes but when I watch tv the sound only comes out in the front boxes.
>
> It would be really nice if anybody has an answer to this.
> timo

If you follow the ac3-sound thread - that will be the solution soon for
ac3-carring channels, theoretically it should be possible to send normal data
the same way (with some modifications).

To get at least "pseudo-dolby" i mute the audio-channel where the dvb is
connected and use it as input source.

Then in principle a

cat </dev/dsp >/dev/dsp

does the trick with alsa, but you better find a way to set 44kHz and 16bit
stereo then...think that is called the "AC97 PCM output path" or so.
My experience is, that it sounds much better but you have to carefully
adjust the front/rear balance for every movie.