[linux-dvb] Re: Radio

Christian,

I use my card almost exclusively for Radio, and am developing a Radio
application for the DVB cards.

This is an X application designed to be used on your desktop PC and uses the
wxWindows multi-platform GUI library (see www.wxwindows.org).  The UI part
currently works on both Linux (using the GTK version of wxWindows) and Win32.
The DVB tuning part obviously only works under Linux - but could be adapted
for Windows by someone else if they wished.

My plans are to make it a full client-server system with clients available
for any system that wxwindows support (i.e. Linux/GTK, Win32, MacOS).  I will
probably be adapting VDR to act as the server, or may start from scratch.  At
the moment, it runs on the same machine as the DVB card.

It will also have optional software mpeg audio decoding via mpg123 (to
support the budget cards) and direct recording of the mpeg audio streams.  I
intend to make the program buffer the last (e.g.) 60 seconds of audio which
is then added to any live recording you start. - so when a song on the radio
starts that you like, you can press a button, and that will go back in time
and add the stored buffer to the recording.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in either using or developing this program,
please let me know privately, and if there's any demand, I'll package up what
I have so far and release it.  The UI is mostly complete, and channel storing
and replay via the DVB-S card's audio-out works.  There is no recording yet -
apart from with my external "pesdump" utility available at
http://www.linuxstb.org/pesdump/

Please note that you will have to install the wxWindows package first.

Regards,

Dave.