[linux-dvb] Re: VDR doesn't work with latest CVS driver

Henning Holtschneider wrote:

> > If VDR starts, it switches to the latest tuned channel and stays there.
> > There appears no OSD message for this first channel.
> > No other functions are working (No OSD, no channel switching).
>
> Same thing here. I have the rev. 2.1 card, too.

I have the original DVB-S card.
In addition to the above, I get

Jul  6 23:35:45 vdr kernel: commandrequest error
Jul  6 23:35:50 vdr kernel: outcommand error 1
Jul  6 23:35:50 vdr kernel: dvb: ARM RESET

when I kill the (locked up) VDR.

> > The I've payed around with the USE_OSD definition for the driver and
> > found out, if compile the driver without that definition (I know, it
> > disables OSD)
> > VDR channel switching is working. Of course, without OSD.
>
> Have you tried DEBUG_OSD so that the OSD will appear on the controlling
> terminal instead of the TV screen? If that works and the "real" OSD doesn't,
> then OSD memory has been reduced once again.

I tried reducing MenuLines in dvbapi.h from 13 to 9 and even to
the minimum that will work without further code changes (5).
No success.

Has anyone else found a woraround yet?

Any help from the driver developers?

Carsten.