[linux-dvb] Re: ac3 recording & playback is it already working ?

Nils Heidorn wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Sorry to be ignorant, but this mailing list seems to be the only place where
> you can get up to date with the current state that VDR & dvb for linux is in
> ( no "history" files on the appropriate websites that descibes the actual
> state in the cvs ).
>
> So i frankly ask, because i was away 3 weeks ...
>
> Is recording of a video + ac3 stream already working ???
> ( and maybe playback as well, although its not THAT important )

VDR in its latest version 0.83 can record the Dolby Digital audio,
and (if given a program via the '-a' option) can also replay it.
I haven't been able to test this myself, since I don't have any
AC3 equipment, but there have been several reports that it appears
to work.

Klaus