[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV Nova - and now ?!

Rolf Hankens wrotes:
> > And the cost reduction is about 300,-DM !(400,-DM fully DVBs card +
> 200,-DM
> > low budget card - both second hand against 200,-DM low buget + 100,-DM
> MPEG2
> > card). The PCI bus will be stressed for both solutions.

BTW,
> where
> do you get the Nova and DXR3 cards that cheap ??

Look at www.ebay.de. under Computer/Hardware/Multimedia/TV &
Videoschnittkarten. Search for dvb* and there you are. (And i hope we do not fight against
each other when bidding for a card ;-)
I bought the Nova 2 Weeks ago for 200,- DM (it is nearly new - 2 Months
old). Unfortunately the DVBs cards are dealt very high (aprox. 400,-DM). The DXR3
(and Holywood+) cards can be found for aprox. 90,-DM.
The DXR3 cards are supported by Linux (http://dxr3.sourceforge.net/). I have
borrowed a Hollywood+ and it works fine with the xine DVD player.
So, i think it should work (just only some piping from video to the dxr3
card :-)).

Regards,
Stefan.

http://www.gmx.net

GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a