[linux-dvb] Re: Cutting in VDR

> > first i want to report a "bug" regarding cutting in vdr 0.83.
> > When using the 7 and / or 9 keys to steer to a set mark the vdr process
takes almost all the cpu time :-( - although the mark has been reached and
olnly one picture is shown.
> > So pressing 2, to start the cutting process takes longer than it should
be, unless you leave the "playback" process...

> Could this be a problem with DMA not being enabled for your harddisk?

I sometimes have the same problem and I *do* have DMA enabled. At least in
my case, this is because my remote control isn't always pointed to the IR
receiver correctly ;-) It would be nice if messages like "cutting mark set"
and "cutting mark removed" would be displayed like VDR already does for
"cutting started".

Regards,
hh