[linux-dvb] Re: Cutting in VDR

> > first i want to report a "bug" regarding cutting in vdr 0.83.
> > When using the 7 and / or 9 keys to steer to a set mark the vdr process
takes almost all the cpu time :-( - although the mark has been reached and
olnly one picture is shown.
> > So pressing 2, to start the cutting process takes longer than it should
be, unless you leave the "playback" process...

> Could this be a problem with DMA not being enabled for your harddisk?
I don't think so, DMA is enabled, and the problem persists only since i
switched from vdr0.71 to the actual version (including the driver change)
However while displaying this still picture, where a cut mark has been set,
and NOT yet pressing "2" makes vdr take that much cpu time - you see - vdr
and even the driver should have nothing to do at that moment...
Maybe my first post wasn't  so clear to understand ...

> > Second i wanted to ask if it would be possible to implement some kind of
signal (audio or osd), that tells the user, if a command via remote control
was understood !
> > So the problem is the following : When cutting it sometimes happenes
that the "0" for the cutting mark just isn't recognized , although i have
pressed the button and it's annoying to find out at the end of the cutting
process that one mark is missing :-(
> > So a small audio "beep" or a OSD "MARK" or something would be nice!
>
> If you enable the progress display (by pressing 'Ok' during replay)
> you'll get all editing marks displayed and can immediately check
> whether your new mark has been accepted.
Yes, i know, but since the drivers (or whatever) still have video (and
sometimes audio) problems while playback, when the OSD (especially the ones
with the cut marks) is permanently ON, i don't really like this method, and
thought a short audio or visual (osd) notice, that the remote control
command has been understood would make sense...

Martin.