[linux-dvb] versions of kernel, vdr and driver that allow ac3 recording...

Hi all !

As i am going to rebuild my linux box on the weekend, i ask myself:

Which Kernel do i need to succesfully build & run a version of vdr & driver
that can handle ac3 recording & playback ...

( I would use driver siemens_dvb-0.9-20010618 and VDR version 0.83 [do those
versions harmonize, do those versions allow ac3 recording, which versions
would YOU recomment to use ?] )

So it would be very nice, if one of you could give me advice to find a
working combination of:

Kernel, Driver and VDR.

Thanks so much, happy weekend :-)

Nils