[linux-dvb] Re: Antwort: VDR and AC3 out via SB live

Martin Hoffmann wrote:

> > VDR takes its best efforts to set the PIDs, but apparently sometimes the
> > driver has problems here. When starting a recording, VDR needs to set all
> > PIDs again with DMX_OUT_TS_TAP mode. Maybe there's still a driver bug in
> > there somewhere...
> >
> > Klaus
>
> :-(
> It seems to me that the drivers aren't that stable since the switch to the
> napi !
> I can still crash the drivers (up to the ARM reset) by fast channel
> switching (holding channel-up or down pressed) and beside that there are
> thoses problems mentioned above...
> I hope anyone of the driver developers gets to fix those problems soon...

I guess we all share that hope...

> Okay, thanks for your help...
> btw: which driver version do you use ? The one from 22.06 ? Anything newer
> seems to get stuck...

Yes, 2001-06-22 is the one I'm currently using.

The latest CVS version hangs when displaying the OSD, so it is useless
for VDR. I have reported this a few days ago, but haven't received any
response from the driver developers yet. Maybe they're all on vacation,
or busy preparing for the IFA - or maybe they have abandoned the Linux DVB
project altogether? Well, I hope not...

Klaus