[linux-dvb] Re: Dolby Digital + external DD receiver + sblive

I can only tell you, what i have tried so far...

First i like to say that i use the "digital out" "klinke" connector to my
external DD receiver, too !
Okay, i took the latest Sounblaster Drivers (emu10k1) from cvs and installed
them as said in the README contained in the package.
Now i got a tool called play-ac3 which is able to take a file and put it out
via the digital out connector !
To do this it is necessary to load some kind of filter - this is done by a
make load command in the play-ac3 directory. In fact it loads some routing
information into the emu10k1 chip, so that the signal is rerouted to the
digital out plug.
For a *.ac3 file this works fine !
However with vdr it doesn't work :-( It seems that play-ac3 isn't capable of
taking the stream correctly from stdin - see the other posts from me in the
list...

So, you should try the alsa drivers. I'll do that, too

Hope it helps, Martin.