[linux-dvb] Re: Dolby Digital + external DD receiver + sblive

Zitiere Martin Hoffmann <ma.hoff@t-online.de>:

> I can only tell you, what i have tried so far...
>
> First i like to say that i use the "digital
out" "klinke" connector to my
> external DD receiver, too !
> Okay, i took the latest Sounblaster Drivers (emu10k1)
from cvs and
> installed
> them as said in the README contained in the package.
> Now i got a tool called play-ac3 which is able to
take a file and put it
> out
> via the digital out connector !
> To do this it is necessary to load some kind of
filter - this is done by a
> make load command in the play-ac3 directory. In fact
it loads some routing
> information into the emu10k1 chip, so that the signal
is rerouted to the
> digital out plug.
> For a *.ac3 file this works fine !
> However with vdr it doesn't work :-( It seems that
play-ac3 isn't capable
> of
> taking the stream correctly from stdin - see the
other posts from me in the
> list...
>
> So, you should try the alsa drivers. I'll do that, too
okay, I installed the emu10k1.o module and loaded it.
Compiling of play-ac3 did just fine and I extracted a
ac3-stream to a file out of a DVD. If I try to play
this sound file with "play-ac3 test.ac3" I get the
error message "open: no such file or directory". Both
play-ac3 and test.ac3 do exist!

Any ideas?

Regards,
Jens