[linux-dvb] Re: How to set the recordtime at instant record

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> > But I have some trouble in switching in Premiere World.
> > Sometimes on the screen are no picture and sound.
> > If i close vdr, unload the driver with make rmmod and start vdr with
> > runvdr, the picture and sound is ok.
> >
> > Is this the DVB-s driver?
> > I am using 0.9-20010618 and vdr 0.83.
>
> How many DVB cards do you have?

One card.

> If your CAM is not in the primary interface, and you watch PW via
> VDR's "transfer mode", it can happen that the picture doesn't
> work sometimes. I don't yet know why this is and what to do about
> it, though. I'm not sure if it is a driver problem, since separate
> recording and replay always works. Maybe there's still a glitch in the
> transfer mode...

I can only say i have one card and sometimes i have this problem.
I can switch often and all is allright, but if i use the timer and the
timer switch the programm, than this problem sometimes happen.

What i see, normally when i switch(in PW) in the /var/log/messages the
kernel log something from the CAM, but when no picture come this two
lines i missing.
Because this i think it is the driver.

Gruss
Matthias