[linux-dvb] YUV420P and YUV422 v4l capturing doesn't work

Hi,

just for completeness' sake I want to mention that v4l capture with palettes
YUV420P and YUV422 does not work.

RGB24 on the other hand works fine.

The easiest "fix" would be to disable support for those palettes not working
in the driver (we don't have to support them all :-) ). Nicer would be a fix
of the YUV palettes, since some programs seem to prefer them.

I would fix it myself, but I am not good enough a programmer.

(Background:
I am using ffmpeg.sourceforge.net to stream mpeg1 (video only for now) over
my network. Even with an about 1s lack between sound (from the TV) and
picture (grabbed from /dev/video and taking some time for encoding) it gives
me immense pleasure.)

Marcus