[linux-dvb] Re: [VDR] Local time problem on french channels

----- Original Message -----
From: Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 11:20 PM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: [VDR] Local time problem on french channels

> Jean-Claude REPETTO wrote:
> >
> > On most of the french channels of CanalSatellite on Astra, the times
> > displayed in the schedule menu are 2 hours too late. Do you have the
same
> > problem ? The current time (displayed when I change the channel) is
correct.
> > I guess that CanalSatellite sends the schedules in local time, and VDR
> > suppose it is GMT time, so it adds 2 hours.
> > Can anybody confirm ?
> > The strange thing is that the times are correct on TV5 (10788 V), that
is
> > also broadcasted by CanalSatellite, but FTA.
>
> Aren't the times _supposed_ to be in GMT, according to the SI specs??
>
> Klaus

I haven't read them, so I totally trust you ;-)
But Canal Satellite has little respect for the standards. See what they have
done for their radio channels !
So, if it is confirmed that they don't send their EPG in GMT, should it be
possible, in the future, to add a "Time Offset" field into channels.conf, so
that we can get a correct time on all channels ? We have also to take care
of the different winter/summer times (DST, if I remember well ?).

Jean-Claude