[linux-dvb] Now happy: SBLive! + ac3dec

At 15:03 17.07.2001 +0200, Dieter Bloms wrote:
 >I use ac3play (0.4.0), and it works fine for me, no delay and no segfaults
 >(as in ac3play 0.1.0).

Thank you Dieter, I tried it.
Took me some time, because as I found out I had no valid alsa-lib installed
as I needed libtools to compile them first.
It doesn't work for me, however. It tries to break my speakers, defaults to
a trident chipset and segfaults all the time.
Also it seems that it doesn't accept stdin.

But meanwhile I found a solution:
I tried "-o 'ac3dec -P'" instead of -C with dvdplayer, and it works! No
more delays here!
And my external amplifier still shows "3/2.1". :-)))
Tried it with two different DVD's, one RC1 (30 fps run at 25) and the other
RC2 (25 fps). No sync problems.
Sadly the documention doesn't mention the difference between "consumer
mode" and "professional mode".
The latter one seems to be working better ;-)

So, my recommendation is definitely ac3dec, even if it seems a bit hard to
make it work for some people.

Cheers
Stephan