[linux-dvb] Re: vdr-0.83

Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> writes:

> Hans-Guenter Luetke Uphues wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Some days ago I found the following error in my /var/log/messages-File while
> > playing a recorded film:
> > vdr[2344]: ERROR: frame larger than buffer (133950 > 131072)
> >
> > I patched the file dvbapi.c and changed the following:
> > < #define MAXFRAMESIZE (192*1024)
> > ---
> > > #define MAXFRAMESIZE (128*1024)
> >
> > Replaying the same recording with this patch didn't log the error anymore.
>
> Were there any picture and/or sound distortions when the error was
> reported, and were they gone after you increased the buffer size?

This type of error had been logged by playing two recordings. The first
was "Das war der Wilde Westen". This recording had a lot of picture and
sound distortions, beginning after about 1 hour. This wasn't a reference
recording. The second was the last BAP-Rockpalast concert. This recording
is of excellent quality without any picture and/or sound distortions/noise
without or with the larger buffersize.

Hans-Günter