[linux-dvb] Re: Driver bug or transponder 104 broken ?

On 22 Jul 2001 ma.hoff@t-online.de (Martin Hoffmann) wrote:

> As far as i can tell, when i had this problem it alway appeared first on the
> channels you mentioned and after some switching it killed the drivers
> (firmware ?) - and a clean reboot finally brought back functionality (at
> least in most cases)!

Well, in most cases I don't have to switch the channel to crash
the driver, just sit a while on one of these channels and it will
happen.

> So, maybe we should mail each other if the problem appears... And then we
> can tell...

I don't get channel not sync'ed. Most of the time I get an
outcommand error 1 followed by an ARM reset. After this vdr is
dead, no reaction to remote commands.

> Have a look at this and compare to yours:
>
> root@linux:/home/martin > cat /var/log/messages | grep -e sync
> Jul 14 22:17:44 linux vdr[657]: ERROR: channel 6 not sync'ed!
[...]

I think this is quite meaningless, as I don't know which channel
is nr. 6 on your list.

> Maybe this could help you to find out, if you had your prblems at the same
> time...

I have problems all the time. Just switch to Pro7 and wait.
It seems that the distortion starts only a full 5/10 minutes.

--
Stefan Huelswitt | http://home.pages.de/~nathan
huels@iname.com  | IRC: nathan @ #nrw.de