[linux-dvb] Re: Progress bar doesn't update correctly

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 26 Jul 2001 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> >>
> >> I found that the replay progress bar does not update correctly
> >> when jumping between marks.
> [...]
> >> This is with vdr 0.84 / current cvs driver (todays, but version
> >> before is same). DVB-s version 2.1
> >>
> >> Anybody can confirm this?
> >
> > I had the same effect when the play_iframe function didn't work.
> > Are you absolutely, positively sure that you are _using_ the driver
> > with my patch? From what you are reporting I would tend to assume
> > that you are still using the unpatched driver version.
>
> Yes, I'm sure that I'm using the patched driver, but that's not
> the point as it doesn't matter if I use the patched or unpatched
> driver. It's the same behaviour with both.
>
> Anyway, I don't see what the display of the OSD has to do
> with the play_iframe function? This don't seems to be related for
> me.

I thought so, too. But I definitely had the same problem, and after
fixing play_iframe it worked fine here.

> I did a quick test. I commented out all calls to
> cReplayBuffer::DisplayFrame in dvbapi.c and the problem is gone!
> Strange. Could the play_iframe-call have some conflict with the
> osd update which is done right after?
>
> So play_iframe is still broken, at least with my config (DVB-s
> 2.1)

Please double check that you have the _exact_ same driver as on

   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/siemens_dvb-0.9-20010721.tgz

It contains TWO fixes: one for the OSD and another for the play_iframe.

BTW: apparently the CVS driver version has been updated, so it should now
also contain these fixes.

Klaus