[linux-dvb] Re: play_iframe in cvs driver from 27.7.

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 27 Jul 2001 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > Ralph Metzler wrote:
> >>
> >> I also know that I put the send_ipack_rest() outside of the loop.
> >> If it is inside all subsequent calls of instant_repack() are ignored
> >> because there is no new PES header for the PES repacker to "lock unto".
> >>
> >> So, after your patch, the iframe is only sent once. This will not
> >> properly display small iframes because the decoder won't start unless
> >> the video buffer is filled enough.
> >
> > Well, all I can say is that with the current play_iframe() VDR can't display
> > still pictures. But if I put the send_ipack_rest() inside the for()-loop
> > it works just fine:
>
> Yes, Klaus is right. With the send_ipack_rest() inside the loop
> it is working for me too (at least partly).
>
> But there is a strange thing: it only works if I'm in play mode
> and press 7/9 to jump to a mark. If I'm in paused mode and press
> 7/9 it doesn't works.

This may still be a problem with the various states in VDR.
I'll look into this.

> Klaus: in StripAudioPackets() the audio packets are only zeroed
> out without changing the Length. May be this confuses the driver?
> You could reassemble the frame leaving out the audio packets.

I don't think this is necessary. You can always send as many zero
bytes as you like.

> > to tell the MPEG decoder to decode this frame right away? Displaying the
> > I-frame several times causes a jittering picture if there are any fast moving
> > objects on it.
>
> I don't understand this. How can there be something moving on a
> *single* frame? It just a picture.

That's right, but that "single" frame consists of two "half pictures"
(which are displayed "interlaced"), and they can be pretty different
when objects are heavily moving, especially horizontally.

Take, for instance, a recording from the Tour de France or a Formula 1
race and move a round with the still pictures. I guess you'll see what I mean.

Klaus