[linux-dvb] Re: play_iframe in cvs driver from 27.7.

On 27 Jul 2001 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>>
>> But there is a strange thing: it only works if I'm in play mode
>> and press 7/9 to jump to a mark. If I'm in paused mode and press
>> 7/9 it doesn't works.
>
> This may still be a problem with the various states in VDR.
> I'll look into this.

Yes, these states are quite confusing for me. Perhaps you can't
display a still picture with VIDEO_FREEZE=true?

>> Klaus: in StripAudioPackets() the audio packets are only zeroed
>> out without changing the Length. May be this confuses the driver?
>> You could reassemble the frame leaving out the audio packets.
>
> I don't think this is necessary. You can always send as many zero
> bytes as you like.

So what about sending zero bytes to fill the buffer rather than
repeating the frame?

>> I don't understand this. How can there be something moving on a
>> *single* frame? It just a picture.
>
> That's right, but that "single" frame consists of two "half pictures"
> (which are displayed "interlaced"), and they can be pretty different
> when objects are heavily moving, especially horizontally.

Yes, I'm missed this. May be some of the effects are cause by a
100 Hz TV? It has to mess with the two half frames to get 100 Hz.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan