[linux-dvb] Re: New install

On 27 Jul 2001 Matt Tovey <Matt.Tovey@sgi.com> wrote:

> The problem is that 'make' works its way down through the driver build
> to the apps/tuxzap directory, and gives up as no Makefile is found.

If you only need the driver itself you can lauch make/make
install from the driver sub-directory.
You don't needs the apps if you want to run vdr.

> Firstly, gettextize says that I should update aclocal.m4. I've tried
> doing so, but it always gets overwritten when I rerun the autogen
> script.

Yes, aclocal.m4 is created by autogen.

> Then aclocal says 'AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library.

You must have GTK libs installed. Soemtimes aclocal is unable to
find the GTK config files. It may help to execute

export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/local/share/aclocal"

before running autogen. Change path to where GTK installed his
files.

> Then automake says that 'INTLLIBS' is not defined.
> autoconf then says that AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is undefined.

Libtool is not installed or config files are not found, see above
how to include new paths.

> Finally, configure then comes up with the error that AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is
> not known to it ("syntax error near unexpected token").

configure fails because aclocal has failed and some makros are
not resolved.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan