[linux-dvb] Re: Help needed.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Sergey Gnitko wrote:

> Hello dudes.
> Im programming under linux, and my bosses wants me to make somekinda
> driver for dvb card. This program have to do next things: change
> frequency, get data stream, and such. This will be my first driver, so as
> you guess, i have no idea how to make it. I've tried to get some info how
> to work with the card, or some sources, and didnt successed. So, if you
> have any info/sources or something else, and can send 'em to me, please do
> it, i really need 'em.
>

> P.S: Yes, i know that there is alot of such programs, but i need to write
> my own.

You need a devellopment system for the 'firmware' (the ARM processor / 7110
chip, diagrams, io address the lot.
Texas Instuments for that chip.

I do not know how much 'your bosses' want to invest. In hours and software
and perhaps licences. Think big money. convergenge could explain thing
a lot better then me.
Regards
Jan