[linux-dvb] Re: New install

Thanks to you all for your advice. I've downloaded the 20010721 DVB 0.9
version, and I'm ignoring tuxzap. :) Also downloaded VDR and got that to
compile (after working out where linuxlib.h had to come from!).
And yes, I see that my version of VDR is already out of date. :)

So, now I'm off to buy the rest of the hardware, and have two more
questions...

- I see that there are different version-numbers of the DVB-S card
available. Can anyone tell me what the difference is, and which versions
are preferred?

- Also, I'll be buying a new LNB. Again, any preferred models? I guess
that if I eventually want to connect two DVB-S cards, I'll need a
reasonably advanced one...

(Hey, if these questions are in a FAQ somewhere, please just point me to
the FAQ - I don't mean to annoy by asking all these newbie questions...)

Many thanks,

Matt