[linux-dvb] Re: Fernseh-fee

> The Fernseh-Fee will stop recording while commercials are sent out.
> (commercial free decoder)
>
> Anyone knows how this could be done ?
> The product description says that the stations send out start/stop
> signals whean ads are sent ?! Do we know those signals ?

It's not the TV stations that send those signals but the manufacturer of the
"Fernseh-Fee" (i.e. some poor soul watches the TV program and pushes a
button whenever the commercials start ;-) If I interpret
http://www.telecontrol.de/fee/Frequenzen.htm correctly, they are using radio
frequencies of Deutschlandfunk and DeutschlandRadio to broadcast their data
(as RDS signals?).

BTW, I wonder know how serious this offering is. The product description (a
converted Powerpoint slideshow) uses every color you could imagine and the
"suggested retail price is 299 DM to 400 DM depending on the dealer" 8-)

> I think that the Fee uses EPG signals for most of its features.

The Fee seems to be an EPG and parental control set-top box for analog TV
which doesn't have those features by itself.

Regards,
hh