[linux-dvb] Re: DVD playback support for VDR-0.84

Hi !

I have installed and tested your patched version of VDR. But I have some
problems :-(

1) When viewing "zone 1" DVDs, the image is black and white (no colors). Is
it possible to setup the DVB-s card to output PAL60 instead of NTSC ?

2) On some disks (Startrek Insurrection, zone1 for example), there are lots
of audio dropouts, and also image jitters. The image looks like VDR
recordings two months ago.

3) After playing a DVD, the drive door is locked, until vdr is killed.

I am using a Pentium 200 MMX, with 64 Mb of RAM, a Hauppauge DVB-S Rev 1.3,
a Matsushita SR-8583 DVD drive, and a LFS Linux installation with kernel
2.4.4 .

This is the first release of your program, and it is already usable, I am
sure these small problems will be solved in the future.
I think the priority now is to be able to select LPCM/AC3 audio, beacuse
some disks (music videos or old movies) don't have AC3 tracks !

Best regards,

Jean-Claude