[linux-dvb] Re: DVD playback support for VDR-0.84

Hi Jean-Claude,

Jean-Claude REPETTO wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I have installed and tested your patched version of VDR. But I have some
> problems :-(
>
> 1) When viewing "zone 1" DVDs, the image is black and white (no colors). Is
> it possible to setup the DVB-s card to output PAL60 instead of NTSC ?

don't know, does somebody on the mailinglist have a clue?

> 2) On some disks (Startrek Insurrection, zone1 for example), there are lots
> of audio dropouts, and also image jitters. The image looks like VDR
> recordings two months ago.

Something like this might happen due to the different frame rates.

Maybe it tries to play the video and audio stream at 25fps and has to resync

to often?

did it work with dvdplayer-0.5 or with my patched dvdplayer version?

> 3) After playing a DVD, the drive door is locked, until vdr is killed.

already working on that on, should be in my next version (also eject
from the OSD menu).

> I am using a Pentium 200 MMX, with 64 Mb of RAM, a Hauppauge DVB-S Rev 1.3,
> a Matsushita SR-8583 DVD drive, and a LFS Linux installation with kernel
> 2.4.4 .
>
> This is the first release of your program, and it is already usable, I am
> sure these small problems will be solved in the future.
> I think the priority now is to be able to select LPCM/AC3 audio, beacuse
> some disks (music videos or old movies) don't have AC3 tracks !

This is actually quit easy, i just don't know where to put it (menu
and/or remote control ?). Any suggestions???

Regards

    Andreas