[linux-dvb] Re: Sorry: Siemens Activy 300 and Linux VCR

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mario Motz" <Mario.Motz@web.de>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 2:08 PM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Sorry: Siemens Activy 300 and Linux VCR

> Sorry, I wrote the mail in german language.
>
> Here is the text in english:
>
> Does anybody hear about the new siemens activy 300 home-pc ?
>
> Is the hardware compatible with linux and it's drivers - especially the
integrated ac'97-sound with ac3-output (spdif) and the second mpeg2-decoder
?

> Perhaps it will be possible to use timeshift without a second dvb-card.
>

> Mario

It seems very interesting. But as it includes a Sigma Designs MPEG2 decoder,
I am afraid that there is no open source linux driver.  BTW, do you have an
idea of its price, and where it is possible to buy it on the Internet ?

Jean-Claude