[linux-dvb] Re: mplayer for DVD ?

Hi,

 >> believe for e.g. DVD oder Mplayer [mplayer.dev.hu] it would be the
 >best ...
 >
 >Is it possible to use mplayer to play movies with the DVD card ?
 >Or just X11 ?

from reading DOCS/DVD and DOCS/DVD-FAQ from mplayer, it would seem as if
vdr's DVD support, even in its current experimantal state is superior to
mplayer.

from what i gather from all the DVD & Linux sources, ogle is currently
the best Open Source player available, but supports only X11 & vgalib
output. we use ogle's libdvdread which has from all the projects the
best ifo and vob parsing capabilities.

about the plugins, i think that would be great, but on the other hand, i
don't have any clue as to how the API into VDR should look like, but
then maybe we should make VDR a plugin to DTV ???

Andreas