[linux-dvb] Re: vdr 0.85 patch: different speeds for fast/slow forward/rewind

Am 30.07.2001, schrieb "Martin Hoffmann" <ma.hoff@bigfoot.com> ...

[add the length of recordings to the list, maybe remove the
recording-timestamp]
> I vote to keep it as it is, and maybe add the length ! (since we have the
> bigger OSD now)
> Most days i record Star Trek in the afternoon and in the Night - In the
End
> i keep only one, the one with fewer errors :-)

Which errors? :-)

> So Date and Time of recording is quite useful, especially since the
Filename
> to be recorded to isn't edited very easily ...

Yes.. especially in this area there i a lot that can be done. With bigger
and bigger harddrives and more and more recordings the list just gets to
big, even more when you have dozens of entries with the same name.
I think we'd need some kind of tree-structure (with alphabetical indexes,
single entries for similar names and the possibility to open/close
sub-lists). And of course a possibility to rename/move entries... I
normally tend to record a lot more than necessary and afterwards do some
cutting. And it's always frustratiing if you have to go to the other
machine just to rename the "final" version to the original name and
delete the "raw"-recording.
Since we know seem to be back to a fairly stable combination of driver
and vdr, I hope there will be time in the future for such
usability-improvements.

Greetings,   Marcus