[linux-dvb] Re: SDB and napi ?

Martin Hoffmann wrote:

> today i compiled sdb_0.2 and the "patch" for the new api that has been posted here a while ago.
> If i start the compiled version for the napi i get:
> [...]
> 0x7f 173 -9.558 #####################
> 0x7f 172 -9.503 #####################
> 0x7f 174 -9.613 #####################
> 0x7f 170 -9.392 ######################
> 0x7f 173 -9.558 #####################
> 0x7f 172 -9.503 #####################
> 0x7f 173 -9.558 #####################
> [...]
> Is this good ??? ;-)

Yes.

> What does it mean, and isn't there a more user friendly version
> around for the napi ? I want to check the alignment of my dish...

That "patch" was meant for developers, not for users.
Anyway, 0x7f is the value of the SYNC register of the VES1893
(reading it won't work on the stv0299), where
  sync < 0x1f: no signal
  sync = 0x1f: bad signal (high bit error rate)
  sync = 0x7f: good signal (low bit error rate)

The other two values and the bar represent the signal strenght,
so you adjust your dish until you find the maximum.

Regards,
Johannes