[linux-dvb] Re: Galaxis DVB card installation problems

Hi!

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Ton van Baalen wrote:
> I changed to /opt/download/DVB/apps/tuxzap
> here I made a directory cdk and put the cdk.h of the right kernel in it

??

> I did './autogen.sh --enable-lirc=no' to keep it simple no lirc yet.
> When I did 'make', a number of files were compiled and then te following
> errors occured:
>
> The errors are:
>
> ntuxzap.cc:37: syntax error before `*'
> ntuxzap.cc:116: `EObjectType' was not declared in this scope
> ntuxzap.cc:116: parse error before `,'
> [...]

I think you still haven't installed CDK library the right way:
- download CDK tarball (Download-URL is in apps/tuxzap/README)
- unpack CDK tarball
- change into CDK top directory
- execute
    ./configure
    make
    su -c "make install"
    ./configure
    make
    su -c "make install"
It is not necessary to call autogen.sh again here as long as you keep the
old files generated by the previous autogen process. But it might be a
good idea to remove config.cache + config.status first so that configure
can start under fresh conditions.

Bye,
     Rolf