[linux-dvb] Re: Galaxis DVB card installation problems

Hi Ton!

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Ton van Baalen wrote:
> I did already have ncurses installed. But to be shure I downloaded the
> latest version (5.2) and build the library according to your instructions.

My instructions were intended to be related to the CDK library, available
at http://www.vexus.ca/CDK.html. In my case the tarball carried no version
info in its name and was simply called cdk.tar.gz.

> Before that I removed the self made 'cdk' dir. After installing ncurses
> I removed all generated scipts and ran ./autogen.sh again. During
> execution of ./configure the following lines occur in the output which
> made me look for 'cdk.h' and put it in the self made 'cdk' dir.
>
> checking for cdk/cdk.h... no
> checking for /usr/local/include/cdk/cdk.h... no
> ATTENTION: you need cdk for ntuxzap

Of course....

> Now I made again 'cdk' sub dir in
>
> usr/local/include/ and put the cdk.h from the kernel in there.

This header file from the kernel source tree has got nothing to do with
the CDK library that is meant here.

> Then the ./configure file gives no errors or warnings, only that lirc is
> disabled as expected.
>
> When I do 'make' the same errors as before are shown during compilation
> of ntuxzap.

Of course.... You have no way out as to install the CDK library as
described.

> By the way, I have been able to compile tuxview, and tuxzap was already
> present and can be launched. The volume control of tuxzap is indeed
> controling the volume, I also copied the example of the channel list
> which can be loaded in tuxzap. Only still no response from the tuxview
> (or xawtv) application when I change channels.

Does tuxzap confirm changed channels? (Status messages in the lower area
of its desktop window, and at the xterm where it was called from.) Or are
there error messages? When you click at several channel entries in a quick
sequence, does the black selection bar follow immediately or are there
delay times of 2..3 secs?

Bye,
     Rolf